The ThinkTank Chronicles.

This is my journey from the deeply mysterious to the outrageously silly and mundace happenings of my life. the lows and highs, the ups and downs. And maybe a Simple Harmonic Motion to an exponential curve. Mathematical, Scientific, Theistic, Philosophical, Logical,Social, every conceivable idea.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

sans categories, bloggspots a pain

Due to obvious restrictions placed by blogger on categorization due to the absence of categories, I need
  1. an alternative to blogger.com (which means I need to migrate all my posts since may 2004 and also lose my blogger identity)
or
  1. a good method to overcome this obvious limitation. (???)

Any ideas?
|| KoPoS, 11:25:00 AM

11 Comments:

Wordpress! :)
Need an invite?
Anonymous kunal, at 11:40 AM  
@kunal
would love to have it! thanks :)
Blogger KoPoS, at 4:03 PM  
@kunal
such a blazing fast reply!!! tell me... you are either stalking my blog or you have absolutely no work jus' like me! ?!

thanks for the invite all of all :)
Blogger KoPoS, at 4:07 PM  
Well, I promise, I am not a stalker. Bring along 'Hotel' by Arthur Hailey, I'll lay my hand on it and solemnly swear that I am no stalker :)
And I have lots and lots of work :(
It was just coincidence that I saw your comment as soon as you posted it.
Anonymous kunal, at 5:04 PM  
@kunal
so Hotel is your Gita i suppose. You have it or want it? Btw, thanks for the wordpress invite man :) How do you migrate your blogger posts to wordpress btw?
Blogger KoPoS, at 5:21 PM  
Aargh! Don't leave before you post the new blog URL!
Blogger Tambourine Girl, at 5:42 PM  
@tg
definitely! you are just way too precious to be bode a goodbye :)

with a wordpress account in hand; the moment of reckoning has come for me to think seriously if ill want to hack into blogger than to shift to wordpress!
Blogger KoPoS, at 6:11 PM  
Yeah, 'Hotel' is my Gita and I do have it :)
Wordpress has an option that would allow you to move all your blogspot posts to wordpress. I think this may be of help: http://wiki.wordpress.org/?pagename=ImportBlog
When I shifted to wordpress from blogger, I lost all the formatting I had in my posts :( And I have been too lazy to do anything about it. Hope you don't face any problems.
Anonymous kunal, at 11:15 AM  
for tags in blogger, you can have a look at blogresh.blogspot.com ..

but I would suggest to use wordpress... there are many advanced features ... you will get hooked to it ..
Blogger Rakesh, at 12:07 PM  
Errata: blogfresh.blogspot.com
Blogger Rakesh, at 12:08 PM  
@kunal
i too hope so. i just might first test try few posts before i do the complete migration. the formatting is way too precious!

@rakesh
thank you sirji. will definitely have a look :)
Blogger KoPoS, at 12:30 PM  

Add a comment

Blogger