The ThinkTank Chronicles.

This is my journey from the deeply mysterious to the outrageously silly and mundace happenings of my life. the lows and highs, the ups and downs. And maybe a Simple Harmonic Motion to an exponential curve. Mathematical, Scientific, Theistic, Philosophical, Logical,Social, every conceivable idea.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Naach. mind-blowing

"Naach is a madman's dream. I am that madman"

Watching Naach is unlike watching anything you have ever watched till date on the Indian screen. While Gayab could not do complete justice to a man's obsession (the object/subject of that obsession is unnecessary) because of the actor's inability to reflect it. On the other hand, Naach is a true madness, unleashed.

Its a true tribute to Fountainhead. And to a fan of Fountainhead, Naach was exactly what the characters would be in India. The passion, the music, the strength of the characters, its just orgasmic.

Its an orgasmic delight seeing Antara Mali in action. Undoubtedly the most underrated actress. Its just a wonderful scene watching her play the character, the mercurial ease with which she becomes the character. Abhi rocks. And trust Ramu to show what women's lib can be; should be; showing feminist movement is not about sexual promiscuity masquerading as liberation.
|| KoPoS, 10:33:00 AM

5 Comments:

I do agree my friend, Antara is definitely one of the finenst actress in contemporary Indian movies...I am at loss of logic why people arent ready to accept the fact. I Guess we have profound faith in spreading mediocrity by praising efforts of Rani rather than Antara for the mere fact that she belong to better known camps.......Anyways ramu has the dare of pulling his vision...However I had no clue as why you dealt with Promiscuity....lemme know soon..
Blogger Pramod, at 8:14 PM  
Well promiscuity is just with regard to the fad of dealing with promiscuity as womens' liberation movement...nothing else.
Blogger KoPoS, at 8:19 PM  
Apologies that i shouldnt have done that abrupt digress about women's lib without concentrating on characters.

Its just that the character of antara was so much more stronger than that of abhi. Now thats true lib.
Blogger KoPoS, at 8:21 PM  
fair enough my friend...describing sensuality is an art ...its way you love your self or your dear ones..Coming to movies I can relate Vidya of Parineeta close to that of Antara...two different charecters but the intensity was there...their belief kept them going.....

promiscuity: this topic is hot in town now...I know exchanging views across blogs is not gonna be easy however promiscuity of women is still considered a crime rather than men.( which I dont agree)

If you find time..visit my blog...no better than yours..but I am at ease these days reflecting thoughts of my mind.
Blogger Pramod, at 5:29 AM  
Hey man I am still waiting for you to drop into my blogspace...
Blogger Pramod, at 6:35 AM  

Add a comment

Blogger